Pages

31 August 2010

36 weeks, 4 days

Well.  I think this week I have begun to see my lack of motivation make a re-appearance from the first trimester.  Awesome.  I just haven't felt like doing anything.  I get more stuff done now than I did then, but I really just am not feeling it.  Fortunately, I'm still not uncomfortable, unless I need to bend over for something like tying shoes (a pointless task, let's always wear flip flops!) or it's really hot out (which it has been.  Lovely). 

Jesse and I met with Betsy yesterday- who will be in the delivery room with us helping out, offering moral support and acting as an advocate/go between kind of person- and it was kind of fun to talk about different options and how Jesse and I see the birthing process going.  Honestly, when she asked how we saw it going we looked at each other and responded with a "uhm..sucessfully?" because we don't have a clue what to anticipate, except to expect the unexpected.  Just because you have the fine and dandy birthing plan doesn't mean that's what's going to be happening (or so we hear, we've never done this before).  So Betsy explained some different options, found out some of our opinions on things and what some of our wishes are and just had a fun time chatting baby things.  Since she's a labor/delivery champ with 3 children and number 4 on the way,  I'm going to assume she knows what she's talking about ;) We're going to meet again next week hopefully to come up with an actual game day plan so Jesse and I will know more what we're supposed to do when I do decide to go into labor.  We're hoping to get this baby out as naturally as possible, but if there is a need, we're both fine with the idea of a c-section/drugs..but not if it's just because the midwife has dinner plans.  That is not an acceptable reason to tell me that the baby needs to come out now.

Speaking of midwives, we had another appointment today, and we're onto the fun weekly visits!  Can't believe we're already there..I need everyone to think positive thoughts and pray earnestly that A) Lily comes out on time or even earlier and B) that midwife Jan is on call when I go into labor: she is our favorite and apparently whichever one is on call is the one that delivers, so think Jan and early thoughts!
Everything is looking good though :) We got to meet with Jan today, and she took plenty of time to answer all kinds of questions Jesse and I had, and even tell us some wonderfully funny/shocking stories.  For example, about the girl who was rushed into the labor and delivery of a hospital (when she was a nurse, before a midwife) by her husband.  They barely got her into the delivery room and the baby comes out.  Jan and the other nurse asked why they waited so long to get the girl to the hospital, and she responded with "I was waiting for the contractions to come every 5 minutes..but then I couldn't wait any longer, the pain was too much!"  So the nurses asked her how far apart the contractions were, and the girl replied "every 2 minutes..I couldn't wait until they got to 5!"  ...oh dear.  [note:: for those of you who haven't had any children- the closer the contractions, the closer you are to the baby being present!!]

Anyway..Jesse and I are feeling pretty ready for Lily to arrive.  I mean, I'm still pretty nervous at the idea of being a parent and having this huge responsibility, but overall, I think we're ready.  Jesse's going to be an awesome dad, I have no doubt about that.  While I haven't been uncomfortable, I AM to the point where I'm feeling like "hey, this has been fun, but we've already done it for 9 months, let's get onto the  next part."  Jesse  has told me he's ready for me to go into labor because he's looking forward to the week he will be taking off of work to stay home with Lily and me after she is born haha and I'm looking forward to my mom coming and spending the next week (right, Mom?) when Jesse has to go back to work with us.  I keep thinking of all these fun things I want to do while she's here, and all these places I want to show her.  But then I remember that hey, I'll have a 2 week old baby, I might not feel like doing anything but sleeping!

I guess that's it for now!  I have my midwife appointments scheduled from now until the 9/23 (Lily is due the 25th).  They asked me if I wanted to schedule one for the following week "just in case" and I told them that doing that isn't thinking positively and we want this baby out sooner rather than later.  So think 25th or sooner, people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment