Pages

11 July 2010

29 weeks, 1 day

I don't have anything of importance to announce today..but felt that since I am 100% officially into the 7th month and the third trimester I should make a post. According to my countdown, Lily should be here in 76 days (yikes) and is the size of a squash, according to thebump.com.

"Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments."

So, apparently, that is what Lily is up to! I have been very blessed so far, she seems to be positioned in a very comfortable way, because I haven't felt any of these "kicks and jabs to the ribs." I am feeling lots of movement, but it's more like she is just shifting around and stretching out, not kicking and jabbing. I guess that could still be coming, but like I said, I've been blessed so far!

Jesse and I were at Target the other night looking at some baby things I still feel we need. I apologized for sounding so selfish when I refer to these items as things "I" think we need, as opposed to what "we" will need. He kind of looked at me funny, and I explained that as far as HE was concerned, we already had all the items HE wanted (Butt Paste Diaper Cream..he loved it when he saw it in the store), but there were still some items I think we'll be wanting (you know, silly things like..a mattress for her crib? And I DEFINITELY want a Boppy still). He laughed and said it was okay. So glad I have an understanding husband. I did make a list of the things I still feel we could use, and fortunately it's not too long! This must mean that we almost have our acts together!? By looking at the baby room, you wouldn't guess that..it has our current creativity projects in the middle of the room (quite the mess). Speaking of which, we have officially started on making things from the patterns he bought..Jesse is making a portable changing pad, and I'm making a sling to hold Lily. Jesse was kind of bummed when we went to Target and found basically the EXACT SAME changing pad that he was making- for $10- when he spent $12 on one piece of fabric..haha oh well, it's a learning experience :)

That's about it from here! I am missing coffee this morning..We drove an hour and 15 minutes to go to a drive-in movie in Pennsylvania and didn't get home until 2am (WAAAAAAY past my bedtime!), and Zeke was ready to be up and out of his cage around 830am. But, I can't complain, we did leave him for 8 hours last night to go on our adventure, and he is a good doggie :)

This is a picture of Zeke traveling in his preferred method..with his head sticking out the window, ears flapping in the wind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment