Pages

27 April 2012

31 weeks, 4 days

Hello, hello.

I would say that the lack of blog posts this week is due to being busy..but that would be a lie.  Basically, it is due to laziness and a return of my lack of motivation.  I have been at least attempting some amounts of productivity a day, but honestly, I have thoroughly been enjoying going to bed early and reading a few chapters of my book before falling asleep.  Or doing some crocheting.  Now that I finished the blanket I was working on for Bob, I made him/her a neat little hat and then Jesse put in a request for one, too.  I really have no idea what I'm doing, so we will see how his turns out!  Considering how busy we have been, just having time to sit in the evenings and know that if I didn't get everything done during the day, there is always tomorrow because we have no plans.  It is nice.

To go with that, last weekend was just nice and relaxing.  I honestly don't remember everything we did or didn't do, but I do remember Jesse grilled out a lot last week and it was fabulous.  That has been his new favorite thing: grilling on our charcoal grill.  If you don't have a charcoal grill, I don't care what you want to say about a gas grill, you are missing out.  Period.  We had our good friends, Chris and Jen, over on Sunday afternoon/evening for a grill out.  Not like we did anything fancy, but it was delicious and the company was phenomenal, so it really doesn't matter how fancy it was or wasn't!  It was so nice to have a whole evening where we could just sit and talk with them, even if we didn't get any board games in.  Next time you guys come out, you will need to bring Delta and the dogs can go exploring while we play games!

This week hasn't been anything overly exciting.  I am 90% done painting the baby's room, and I am so excited about how it is turning out.  I will post pictures when it is all done because I don't want to give away bits and pieces before I can show you the finished room, but for my female friends who either are pregnant, or will be sometime in the future, do NOT get it in your head that having one of your baby's wall's painted an argyle pattern is what NEEDS to be done.  Do this when you aren't pregnant.  Seriously.  You, your husband and everyone else in your family and circle of friends will thank you.  I love how my argyle wall has turned out so far, but my goodness, what a ridiculous endeavor.  More on that after I finish my dumb wall.

Oh, let's see, what else can I tell you.  I checked today and I see two more teeth popping through in Lily's mouth-- one on top, one on bottom-- and the only other two left are swelling on the other side.  I blame this for the crabbiness.  Although, she has been super ridiculous and funny lately.  I can't even describe to you how much more fun she is every day (that she is in a good mood).  She is trying to say more and more words, and even if "buckle" and "bubble" sound the same, we understand for the most part what she is trying to say.  Her favorite words right now are "cheese," "more," "horse," "Zeeeee" (Zeke), "wa wa" (water), "teeeea" (iced tea) and "Fiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!"  Jesse and I are agreeing more and more that children do not mimic adults, but adults mimic children.  This is evident by the fact that he and I both enjoy calling cheese, "cheesh" like how Lily pronounces it, and laugh every time.

Bob is still hanging in there.  I officially had 2 months left on the 25th, and am 31 weeks, 4 days along. And since it drives me nuts, yes, 32 weeks seems like it should be 8 months of pregnancy (32/4= 8, for the non math crowd), but in reality, it is only 7 months.  It took me all of my pregnancy with Lily and a decent amount of time into this one to figure out it, but here goes my figuring: doctors predict the due date based on the start date of your last period, and count out 40 weeks from then.  Since you are on that for a week, then depending on when you ovulate, there is another week or two before you actually even conceive.  Bottom line: the first "month" of your pregnancy doesn't really count because you're really not pregnant.  And if you look at it that way, it makes sense why I can be almost 32 weeks and only 7 months pregnant.  Sorry if I lost you/bored you, but that's been bothering me for awhile.

Anyway.  The baby is doing well, as far as I know!  I have really enjoyed everyone's comments when they hear that we really don't know what the sex of the baby is and we really aren't going to be finding out.  A bunch of my friends "can't wait!" and a few have told me that I need to find out because it is killing them not to know.  My favorite happened the other day, though, when I was talking to a 20something guy friend who I hadn't seen in awhile.  He asked when I was due and if I knew if it was a boy or girl, and I said "oh, we don't know" and before I could say "and we aren't finding out" he started laughing and said "wouldn't it be funny if people just didn't find out until the baby is born?  And the baby pops out and all of a sudden it's 'yaaaaaay!' (if it's a boy) or 'aww...' (if it's a girl)." And I laughed, trying to figure out if he was serious and then he said "so seriously, when do you find out?"  When I told him "when I deliver the baby" he said, so eloquently, "shut up, what I said really is going to happen!?"  Totally made my day.

I guess that's it..I thought I had more to blog about.  Apparently I don't.  Go check out my picture blog here, I updated with pictures from the past month.  You know, since I'm doing so well at updating the day to day picture..



we have been letting Lily help us feed Zeke.  she discovered tonight that she can open the container by herself.  AND reach the food.  Zeke ate well tonight.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. " I really have no idea what I'm doing, so we will see how his turns out!" I think you just summarized growing up. Props.

    ReplyDelete