18 April 2012

catching up. again.

As promised, stories and pictures!

Jesse, Lily and I headed to Findlay on Good Friday to spend time with my side of the family for Easter.  We all had a great time, enjoyed coloring Easter eggs and having an egg hunt.  The Easter egg hunt is a tradition that my grandparents have continued for Jessica, Joel and me into our adulthood, and Jesse, Richard and Kimmy have been added into the numbers within the last few years.  This year was the first year in a loooooong time that we had someone a little more age appropriate participating, and as you can imagine, Jesse and Lily found all of the eggs with every little competition.
coloring eggs for the first time
family picture..we were cheesy and all somehow ended up wearing the same color.

Jesse had to head home on Sunday afternoon so he could go to work that week, and Lily and I stayed in Findlay for a few extra days for some much needed visiting time with family.  I should mention at this point that Jesse had left his cell phone at our house in WV over the weekend- so I was already kind of paranoid about his 5 hour drive home from my parents house- and had asked that he have one of his parents to text me when he arrived there (about half way, a good bathroom stop!) and when he was taking off again.  I received a message from Dad H telling me Jesse had arrived, then one that Jesse had left, and then another saying Jesse was back because he had hit a deer!  Jesse has since admitted that he is just all around bad with having a cell phone.  Regardless of that nonsense, he was fine, my car was just dinged up and is in the shop this week getting fixed.

Lily and I had a good time in Findlay, and even got to go over to Muncie, IN for the day to see Jess, Richard and Joel and get a short tour of where Joel and Richard are in grad school at Ball State.
One of Lily's favorite past times while we are in Findlay is watching my parents cuckoo clocks.  Yes, plural.  One clock was a wedding present to them and is the one that Team Pagano grew up hearing.  I know some people say that the ticking gets annoying, but I promise that if you live with it, you get used to it and really have to concentrate on trying to hear it.  The newer clock is one that my parents surprised us with when we were in Germany over Christmas my senior year of high school.  I love both of the clocks and fortunately, Jesse likes them too, so I think I have a good argument for getting one some day. Plus, Lily is fascinated and kept pointing saying "cuckoo, cuckoo?" and was most upset that it only went off every hour.

On Monday, Aunt Kathy arrived to spend a few days in Findlay on her spring break.  I'm so glad that everything worked out that I was able to stay in town long enough to see her as well and spend some time with her (and my parents and grand parents, of course), but it's been a ridiculous amount of time since I had seen her (and most of the family, unfortunately) and she had never met Lily!  So I'm glad this was remedied!

Mom brought us back to WV on Thursday and stayed for a bit before leaving on Saturday.  While she was here, Lily showed her how much she adores bubbles.  And that I need to make some more bubble solution.

And now, just some filler pictures.  I had a hard time narrowing down which ones I wanted to post, so sorry if there are too many!  SOMEONE was getting feisty with me that I was hogging all the internet and that he couldn't play his computer game..(I jest).

dear Chanell, Lily adores these boots.
 Oh, and I felt like baking today, so I made English muffins!  They turned out sooooooooooooo delicious.  

AND, I finished the blanket I've been crocheting for Bob!

Speaking of Bob, I am 30 weeks and a few odd days.  I had an appointment on  Monday where I had an ultrasound, my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes, got my rhogam shot (ugh) and got some blood work done.  A busy day at the doctor's office!  I've been feeling pretty good, but I can tell you with certainty that Bob is riding low.  I've had the same tech for both ultrasounds and she commented on how low the baby is both times.  I could have told her that, but I guess she gets paid to make official comments like that.  She also commented that Bob is measuring larger than just 30 weeks, which meant that either I was due sooner than June 25 or s/he is going to be roughly the size of an elephant, but by the time she was done measuring, the tech made the official statement that it all evened out to 30 weeks and right where I should be.  Excellent.  The baby's head is way, way down and she had a hard time getting a good picture or I might have had a 4d picture to share.  As it is..

shot of the face, with a hand up over the mouth.  kind of hard to see..but I apparently have a finger sucker in my tummy! the really dark slit is the eye (on the left side of the picture) if that helps you see a face..if not, just take my word for it.
While I think that overall I am carrying Bob the same as Lily, this baby still moves and acts differently than she did.  Something, I assume an elbow, has planted itself behind my right hip bone and likes to push out.  Which is just a neat feeling I can't describe beyond odd.  I think I was so excited about maternity clothes when I was pregnant before that I started wearing them as soon as I could.  I'm curious how long I could have fit in my regular jeans then because I can still zip and button most of my regular pants now.  So who knows.

ugh. feeling like a whale already. that's not good.
 Also, I believe that these pictures were taken around 30 weeks with Lily.  I was so tiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment