Pages

28 December 2010

the in between times

I think I can safely assume that most, if not all, will agree with me that the month of December is busy, and that just because the 25th is over and done with, things don't necessarily slow down.  The week between Christmas and New Years is pretty busy for Jesse and me, and I'm sure other people can agree.

Christmas was, of course, awesome: I love spending time with my family, and my aunt from Florida was able to brave the cold to spend the holiday with us in Findlay: without turning into a Popsicle.  We had a great time playing games, eating tons of food, playing "pass the baby," talking, and drinking some coffee (or in Jesse's case, an entire pot..).  Truly her mother's daughter, Lily slept through all the present-opening, leaving me the difficult task of opening her presents ::note: sarcasm::.  We got to stop in and see Mom and Dad H on the way home, but not long enough unfortunately.  We ran into some difficulties on the way out of town that delayed us..I dropped Jesse off at George House for our leaving-town-drinks, then ran to fill up the car.  Not only did Lily and her car seat tip over when I turned (a normal turn, I'm not a crazy driver!), but once I got to the pump, I couldn't find my wallet!  So we had to go back to pick up Jesse before we could get gas..just took too much time and it was late by the time we got to Zanesville.


Anyway, pictures!


 




4 generations
Well, at least half of us were looking at the camera.  But this picture reminds me: I never posted the one of Jesse's side!!  Oops.  Without further ado..


I love this picture.  Even though Mom H and Jesse are the only ones looking at the camera, Grandpa Brennan looks so cute with Lily (and wouldn't give her up!) and Grandma Brennan has the sweetest little smile.  

That's about it for now!  Except that I think I can say with 85% certainty that Lily is starting teething..she's been drooling all over the place for a few weeks, her sleep schedule is less than normal during the day, fussier than normal, and she always has a fist, fingers, or blanket in her mouth.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a guess.  Jesse and I are looking forward to our annual New Years bash with family: pictures and a blog about that after the fact, I'm sure.  I'm still trying to unpack and get laundry done from Christmas, and we're heading out on Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment