Pages

02 September 2011

before things get too crazy..

No garage sales this weekend.  Ok, one, but I didn't buy anything.  I have noticed this summer that I have a compulsion to stop at garage sales.  Where ever we go, if I see a garage sale sign I want to stop and feel like I need to stop at it and check it out.  There are a few specific places we go fairly regularly that always seem to have a ton of signs as we drive past..and we just keep right on going.  It kind of makes my heart sad inside, thinking of all the deals I'm missing!  Sad and pathetic a bit, I know.  But Lily, Zeke and I were going for a walk at the park and I saw a sign as we were driving home that I just had to stop by.  They had some cool stuff, nothing we needed though.

Anyway, before this weekend really kicks off, I felt like I needed to update so I could start next week with a clean slate and no back tracking on my blogs.

Last weekend, we took a little road trip up to Pittsburgh to the Renaissance Festival that is in town.  One of the guys I work with is in it, and we all had a good time.  Jesse asked me within the first 10 minutes of being there why we hadn't done this before: there was food, knives, chain mail..and if he was to go back in time to live, I'm pretty sure that's the time period he would have picked anyway.  I reminded him that I was a whale at this time last year, and he just nodded and ran off to look at the swords.



Lily rode on her first ride with cousin Ethan.  And loved it.   And I was one of those mom's that took 3,000 pictures of it.


we know these people :)
just love this picture of Kayla, Fiona and the Queen.  Lily was a party pooper and didn't want to sit with them.
she stayed a safe distance away with Aunt Julia
and mooched water from Uncle Mike..
Nothing too exciting has been happening..Lily is walking all over the place now and I think I am starting to see tooth #5 coming through on the top.  She's been kind of finicky with her food, too, so I'm anticipating a growth spurt.  Hooray.  I guess that's about it..I'm not sure what all we're getting into this weekend, but I'm looking forward to it!  Go check out my other blog for udpated Lily pictures!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment