Pages

01 July 2011

finger paint

For the past few weeks, I have been tossing the idea of finger paint for Lily around in my head.  Whenever she gets the chance, she smears her food all over the high chair tray, so I thought, "why not?"  Yesterday, while she was avoiding her nap, I decided we should go for it.  And since I didn't want to go all the way to the store to buy finger paint, I made due with what we had!  Of course, as soon as I got it made and I was ready to play, she fell asleep and took an awesome nap, so the mess had to wait until today.  
2T sugar, 1/3c cornstarch, 2c cold water: mix over low heat, stirring the mixture until smooth, almost a clear gel ~5 minutes. 
when mixture is cool, add 1/4c clear dishwashing soap.
scoop equal amounts of gel into separate containers and add food coloring.  for more vibrant colors, use food coloring paste 
voila!

And so, today..armed with newsprint and a rag for wiping hands..






She really didn't get into the paper part as I thought she would, but she was ok with smearing it all over herself.  And dumping the paint out.  She only tried to get it to her mouth once, and that was over quickly once she tasted it.  Fortunately, the worst thing in it is dish soap..

I am also adding a new tab to the top of my blog with various recipes that Jesse and I have made.  I only have a couple up there so far, but once I find the recipes for what we've made, I will add them as well. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment