Pages

10 July 2011

on the move

I was kindly informed recently that I haven't been updating everyone frequently enough.  In my defense..I have nothing exciting to report.  Not that this has ever stopped me before, I just don't want to bore y'all and sound redundant on the mundane events of Team Hildebrand.  But, as requested, a little post.  Who knows, I may come up with something creative anyway!

Lily has been cruising everywhere.  Taking her stand up toys and pushing them all over the place, grabbing onto anything and everything..except Zeke, though she's tried!  He just isn't game.  Everyone is telling me to enjoy these little moments and I keep trying to remind myself how much I will miss the small, cuddly baby days, and I know this is true: but this next stage has been soooooo much fun!  Jesse and I are both having a blast with her figuring things out, playing peek-a-boo, watching her learn one thing after another..and Jesse's personal favorite, watching her face absolutely light up and do her excited flail when he gets home from work.  I need to try and get a video of this, for those of you who've never seen it..she shows that she's excited with her full body: bobbing, throwing her hands in the air, rocking back and forth, and that smile she has that looks like it'll crack her face in half.  ...kind of like when a dog sees his people after awhile away, I guess: full body excitement.  I think we should all do this.  She is finally not nearly as clingy to me and been much more independent, which has been much more relaxing for me and more enjoyable for everyone.  I know I'll miss Lily needing just me in a few years, but right now, this is so much more fun.

this is how Lily crawls on something that has a rough texture.   it absolutely cracks me up.
being a big girl
pretty sure this is the 'later Momma, dog and I are going for a walk' kind of picture.

Yesterday, we went to great state park we'd never even heard of called Valley Falls with our favorite Partin family and Julia.  I didn't get too many pictures, but I did get a few.  And Jen, yes, we NEED to go back.  I could just feel several geo caches that need to be found!
Logan shared his plum with Fiona
so Jesse shared his with Lily
and since we didn't have any cups..we improvised for our Coke.

Fiona thoroughly enjoyed herself


And then there was family dinner.  

Lily was in a great mood



And..I guess that's it!  Oh, and because a few people have asked about it, I'm adding the recipe I use for homemade baby wipes in the recipe tab.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment