Pages

16 July 2011

Garage Sale Saturdays!

Friend Jen and I braved the heat today to do a bit of garage sale-ing.  Actually, it was a gorgeous day for such activities and we found some steals!
2 purses, one of which is Coach!
18 ties for $7.  Really, can you beat that?  
the guy that sold me most of the ties had them in this basket he gave me.  so, free is good!
a stack of clothes for The Lily.  probably 20 pieces, $3.25.  score.  
I also bought Lily a kiddie pool!  Yes, I plan on getting equal use out of it.  Jesse was anti-pool because they're 'big and bulky' blah blah blah (excuses!), but he made the mistake of saying an inflatable one wouldn't be as bad.  I took that to mean that he was giving me permission to buy an inflatable kiddie pool, and so the hunt was on.  Apparently, this isn't what he meant, but $5 later, it's too late!

Also, Jesse keeps reminding me that I haven't posted a very specific picture to show off.


What is going on here, you might wonder.  This would be Jesse celebrating the 4th of July, shooting off a flint-lock pistol that my grandfather made.  Ok, "shooting" isn't the right term, as there was no musket ball in it.  But there was gun powder and it went boom, and it was great.
a picture of the gun when it isn't covered in smoke

Other than all that fun..Lily has been really grumpy lately.  I believe she is getting her top two teeth in, or at least that's what I'm hoping.  If she's going to be so fussy, she needs to have something to show for it in the end!  She's still pretty happy for the most part, but when she's grumpy..watch out!  Last night was kind of rough: it seemed like I just couldn't do anything to make her happy, which is just a hard situation to be in.  Slowly but surely, we'll get through this teething business!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment