Pages

24 July 2012

updates!

First, it's Tuesday!

1. I am thankful for our awesome water filter! We had to go a day without it, which means we had sulfur water for a day.  Ugh.  Fortunately, we don't have the worst sulfur water I have ever tasted/used, but it sure made me grateful that we have a filter that will remove the sulfur from our water and make it delicious.  People who have been to our house would hopefully attest to this: we have awesome well water (with the filter).

2. good laughs.  I love laughing, and Jesse and I had a ton of laughs last night.  I'm thankful for good evenings that are full of fun and laughter.  You may have seen the picture I took of the cows crossing the road?  I found that hilarious and had a great laugh about that.  Followed by laughing so hard I almost cried when Jesse tried to imitate a goose..

3. my girls: specifically, that Lily loves Emma and that I haven't had to deal with too much jealousy from Lily having to share my time.

4. my extended family: I get to see (hopefully) a lot of them soon for Joel and Kimmy's wedding (which I am super excited for) and I am really thankful to have them.

5. rain and thunderstorms.  I know a lot of the country is experiencing a big lack of rain, but we have been blessed to still have some showers occasionally (so our garden keeps growing).  And I just love a good thunderstorm!

Onto other things.  

Lily and I made play dough last week!  It was fun for us to make together, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't cook it quite long enough- it stayed too sticky- but she had some fun with it, so that's all I care about!
kneading the food coloring in
This guy.  This just was precious to me, and I love that Zeke is so gentle with the girls.  He has pretty much left Emma alone- I think he just is resigned to the fact there are two kids now- and is really patient with Lily, who has gotten more playful/rough with him.  If he doesn't like what she's doing (aka trying to pull what's left of his tail), he will either just walk away and lay down, go outside or growl at her to let her know that's not ok.  He has never bitten or nipped at her, so I'm thankful that when Jesse and I decided on a whim we needed a dog, we picked a good breed that is great with kids.


he is happy to see Boppy pillows around the house again, apparently.
Nothing too exciting is going on, which is fine with me.  August is going to be a fairly busy month for me, so I have been enjoying the calm of quietly adjusting to having two kids.  People ask me how we have been doing adjusting to two, and honestly, I'm not sure I could have asked for a smoother transition.  While the first week was hard (REALLY hard), things have been relatively easy for me, even with the rough days where I have no patience.  Lily is a great big sister and Emma is so laid back and relaxed, it has made the transition easier, I think.  Of course, I was thinking/realizing the other day that yes, it may seem easy now, but not to get too comfortable.  Emma sleeps a good amount still during the day, but she won't always.  Lily won't always be content with my answer of "not right now, I have to feed Emma" and be ok with sitting to read with me while I do that.  While we are having the bad days right alongside the good days, I think we are having a majority of good/fun days.

Lily was pushing her baby doll in the swing
Lily was teaching Emma how to play Peek-a-Boo: cover her face with a blanket, rip it off and yell "PEEEEEEEEEK!!!"
Pillow Pet tummy time
They are awesome.  And one day, Emma will be able to defend herself better against Lily's enthusiasm.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment