As always, so much to be thankful for!
1. Emma Joann is 1 month and a few odd days. In some ways, it doesn't seem like she has only been externally part of our family for a month, but in other ways, it seems like I've been a mom of two for ever already. On this note of a one month old baby, she is 10 lbs, 8 oz and 22 inches long, according to her checkup, putting her around the 75%. I don't care about percentages, but I do care about knowing that I have a healthy baby.
2. Lily has been a trooper! While we are entering the "terrible twos" with her, I am trying to view them optimistically as my grandmother suggested: the "terrific twos." It's all in the mindset, and I am trying to enjoy every day with Lily, even the ones where she throws tantrums and I just want to curl up and take a nap for the entire day.
3. Speaking of my grandma, I am incredibly thankful that I am part of such an awesome family, and that I come from a long line of love and support. I've had this on my mind recently, especially once I pulled out this beloved quilt for a few pictures with Emma and Lily. I have a few incredibly special quilts that have been given to me as gifts or passed down, and they are just my favorites. The one that is in the picture was made by either my great-grandmother or her sister, which would make them my daughter's great-great grandmother or great-great-great aunt (or something, I made that up). Anyway, I love them and loved using it for a few pictures-- and the outside picture definitely had a nice, bright orange sheet underneath to protect it from the ground!!
|as soon as I got the sheet and quilt down, Lily sprawled out on top of it and declared "nap!"|
|Emma was uncooperative outside, so we moved inside for a few pictures with her|
4. I am super thankful that Jesse is liking his new job still! And that he left his new travel coffee mug with the company logo on it at home so I can use it ;) now if only I could convince him that the jacket they gave him will fit me better than him...
5. Health. I think this one is just something I should be thankful for and aware of more than I am. Hearing of family, friends, and friends of friends who are dealing with things I can't imagine reminds me to a) be praying for them and b) be thankful for the health I do have!
6. Bonus! I'm thankful for new life! One of my favorite mom friends is having her second daughter tomorrow and I can't wait to hear about her and see pictures! AND one of my favorite cousins is expecting TWINS! So excited to love on my first cousins, once removed. I know that title is right, here is my proof.