Pages

12 February 2011

Catching Up

This week absolutely flew by.  I'm not sure where it went, exactly, but yesterday was the only day I felt that I didn't have anything going on or have somewhere to go.  I was really hoping that I would be able to catch up on everything this weekend, but considering it's Saturday night and the laundry is still sitting unfolded in the baskets downstairs, I'm guessing that probably won't be happening.  

I feel really drained from the week.  This week started with me fighting a cold, but the cold won and settled in my chest.  Now that it's the end of the week, I think I am emerging from it victorious, but it just left me feeling wiped out at the end of the day.  With the wonderful combo of work + working out + daily life activities, I've just been tired.  Plus, training for my half marathon starts next Monday or something (not this coming Monday, the next one), so you can anticipate lots of complaining about how that's going..hooray!

Lily also has been working on a cold.  And while mine seems to be getting better, today was probably the worst she has sounded so far.  Poor kid..while she and I were at work today, she just sounded so congested and stuffed up :( when I tried to lay her down for a nap, she woke right up crying, even though she and I both knew she was still tired.  As a result, we ended up cuddling for the majority of her nap, which ended up being a pretty long one!  Poor baby :(

And speaking of work, I would just like everyone to know that Jesse was successful in putting her to bed the other night without me while I closed!  Champs.  Both of them.  

Lily is continuing to explore what she can reach and put everything she can in her mouth.  While she might not get a tooth anytime soon, she's teething a lot.  Swollen gums, diaper rash, grumpy, off sleep schedule, cold, multiple diaper-related-explosions...the whole nine yards.  Oh, funny story..the other day at work, we experienced a blow out.  No worries, I had a change of clothes, but I did have to warn my boss that if we had another blow out, I would be out of wipes.  So, considering I jinxed myself, should I have been surprised when we had a second explosion?  No..but regardless: Lily got wrapped up in a blanket while I ran to the store and bought more wipes and another outfit.  If anyone at the Y needs diapers and wipes, there are some under the counter for emergencies now!

I guess that's it..I feel I have so much going on, but then I sit down to blog and realize it's nothing exciting.  I will try and come up with some great stories for next time.  Check out my other blog with updated pictures..
from our walk the other day..

No comments:

Post a Comment