13 April 2010

16 weeks, 3 days

The half marathon. Is. Over. *sigh of relief*
All in all, I'm so glad that I did it. This race went much better then my first half marathon and I think one of the big differences was that I had a running buddy, aka my dad, to help push me on when I wanted to sit down. We really had a great time running, and even though I really started to hurt around mile 10, the whole race was great. At the end when I was reliving it I realized that the first 7 miles had gone by so quickly and before I knew it I was working on mile 9. I hit my wall at 10, but then I realized I only had a 5k left and I'd done plenty of those, which made the last 3.1 miles go fairly quickly also. We ran pretty slow and finished with a 2:36 time, but we ran the whole thing except the water stops (because let's face it, I'm not coordinated enough to run and drink from a Dixie cup at the same time without wearing the majority of the water). I was quite thrilled that Baby Squirt cooperated and didn't do jumping jacks or turn somersaults until the end of the race..when I've been running recently, his/her movements have made me a little nauseous while running.

I think I'm going to keep the running up as long as I can..but not worry about any distances of course. Probably 3x a week, maybe 2-3 miles, just to try and keep active, but I'll start that next week :P I'm still too sore today to do much!

After this coming weekend, Team Hildebrand will be taking a break from traveling. With a trip to Findlay for Easter, a trip to St. Louis this past weekend, and with us leaving tomorrow evening for MI to help Jesse's brother and our sister in law move, I am ready to spend a quiet weekend here at home, sleep a lot and probably catch up some house work! You know that you've been traveling too much when you want to stay home to vacuum..

In other news though, Erin (SIL in Michigan) told me that at 4 months the baby is the size of an avocado! Not too big yet obviously, but big enough for now. Jesse found another supporter in the hope for a son (thanks Megs) and I'm just trying to wait patiently until we find out if we're having a boy or girl.

This is a picture I took at the St. Louis Zoo when we went on Saturday..I love the purple!

Before the race at about 630am..which I think explains why we both look half asleep.

aaaaaaaaand, probably about the last 100 yards, finishing up the race. I am determined to smile in the next race.

I already put a bunch of pictures on Facebook, but if you want to see more pictures from the weekend, check out my picture album here.

That's it for now!


  1. You are my hero, running a half marathon while pregnant!! that is so cool!! They say if you're used to a workout regimen before hand then its fine to continue while pregnant... so hopefully whenever that time comes for me I'll be in one of my workout modes lol.

  2. Congrats on doing the half marathon!! I love reading your blog and want to meet you!!