Pages

03 February 2013

more snow days!

Oh, what can I tell you about today. 

Our bathroom progress is slow and steady.  I have pictures, but I probably will wait until we are finished to do a before-during-after progression for you.  So you will have to wait with baited breath.

Not much has been going on.  We have basically been snowed in this weekend, and it has been so pretty and nice.  When Jesse and I woke up to make breakfast Friday morning, I told him I would probably have to take him to work, since I was sure his truck would barely be able to back out of the driveway.  He took one look outside and said "yeah, I'm not going anywhere, do you see how deep that snow is!?"  Which I took as permission, and called my supervisors and bosses to let them know that we had too much snow out our back country roads and that the girls and I would be staying home. I really do feel that was the best decision made all day.  I wasn't feeling good anyway, so being able to stay home was so nice.  We did (slowly) leave the house yesterday for the afternoon and evening, so we did get some fresh air.  We headed to a birthday party and then dinner/games/play time for kiddos at some friend's house.  The snow had started again by the time we were leaving and has been snowing steadily all day today.  And we still haven't seen a snow plow, so heading to work tomorrow will be an adventure.  

All this snow would be perfect to take Lily out to play in.  And I might still later.  However, the last snow we got, I excitedly got Lily all dressed and ready and out we went, with Zeke happily along.  She enjoyed kicking the snow, but panicked when I laid down to make a snow angel because I got "dirty" and she hurriedly brushed the snow off when I stood up.  She also didn't like it when I threw snow at Zeke (which he loves) and kept telling me to stop and tried brushing Zeke off, too.  Who is this kid?  We later tried to take her sledding with some friends.  Needless to say, she was a stick in the mud and no fun and so neither of us really got to sled too much either.  What a bummer of a girl.  She needs to snap out of this fast.  The other evening when Jesse went out to shovel the steps, she did enjoy going out with him (and kicking snow safely without getting any on her).  All this to say, I don't have any first snowing pictures because she was a party pooper and boring.  I did, however, get a (bad) picture of a humongous woodpecker that was across our road in one of the trees.  I took them from our living room window and then told Jesse to come look.  He sent me outside to try and get some better pictures, but unfortunately, it flew off when I got closer.  That didn't matter to future-homeschooling-dad, because he told me I had to figure out what kind it was.  After I did some google-ing, I announced it to be a pileated woodpecker, which he agreed about.  

sorry about the poor quality
 Other than that, nothing too much is going on.  The weather has just been weird: snow one weekend, 70s and rain during the week, and enough snow to keep us in all weekend now.  What.  In.  The.  World.  Mom text and asked how we were all doing health-wise, and I told her that we seem to be doing better, but really, who would be able to stay healthy 100% in such nonsense?  The girls are doing well: I've started having Lily help me regularly with more than just playing the water when we do dishes, and she helps me unload the dishwasher now.  She thinks it's great, and I have her help me before she is allowed to watch an episode of Mickey Mouse, so hopefully, we are starting some good habits.  Emma is silly as ever and pulling herself up on everything, including Zeke.  She is even trying to start crusing..ugh.  Too soon.  She does also enjoy standing up when she is done with her nap, so we definitely need to lower her crib...(hint, hint, Jesse.  Put your tablet down and go do it, please).
That's it for now!  Emma just woke up (and was standing up), so I guess it's time to go do other things. Go check out the pictures I posted here.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment