Pages

25 February 2010

9 weeks, 5 days

I have officially and 100% decided that I will NOT miss this first trimester. I mean sure, the excitement of finding out we're going to have a baby and all the emotions that follow have obviously been a real blast, but some of the other parts? UGH. Praise God I haven't had morning sickness..but the aversions to food have been very frustrating and the BIGGEST struggle I've had is having little energy and ZERO motivation! Jesse was trying to understand my lack of a desire to do anything whatsoever, and just was not quite grasping it. I told him I was blaming most of it on the first trimester business and he said, "do you think you'll feel more motivated to get things done during the next?" To answer, I told him how I sat on the couch for 30 minutes trying to talk myself into getting up and getting a cucumber to eat. 30 minutes. True story, how embarrassing. It's just the little things, but I really just want to sit on the couch, sleep, read and watch TV all day!
If anyone comes to the house in the next few weeks, please pardon the appearance: I don't think I've vacuumed at all this month...? Jesse has a few times, but still! Laundry is getting done one day, folded the next (or the next..) then folded and eventually put away in time for the next laundry day. And, on top of it all, I know in the back of my mind I need to go to the Y almost every day and run. Some days..it just doesn't happen. Like today for example..
But maybe if I was able to volunteer somewhere I would be motivated in some ways?..I know a lady who is very involved in a crisis-pregnancy place here in town. It's a Christian organization that obviously targets girls who are thinking about abortion and shows them that hey, that really is a little life in there. My friend took me there and showed me around and introduced me to the director. I filled out an application to volunteer and I really would love to help out, it looks like they have a really neat place there. Very educational and informative to help girls learn all about their baby and different options they have through raising the child with family or adoption.
We'll see if it pans out. I really hope it does, it'd give me a reason to get out of the sweat pants I've been wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment